Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 10 of 20 Days/ 20 Cards...And Jesus Birth Curly Paper Wreath

It's the first day of December! 

It's hard to believe that Christmas is less than a month away... Although most of our snow is gone I'm still in the Holiday Spirit! Today I have a glitz and and more glitz to share. I was using Stampin' Up! Window Sheets and the thought came to me to cover a stamped image with a piece of Window Sheet. Well, that didn't do it for me so I Stamped the Snowmen on a piece of Window Sheet using Stazon Black Ink, let it dry and turned it over and used Sharpie Markers to color in the Snowmen.. I then adhered the colored Window Sheet on to Silver Glimmer Paper and then on Champagne Glimmer Paper. That was the look I was going for. I think some grandchild will love to get this card!  This week I have a project and tutorial on how I stamped and colored on the Window Sheets and made beautiful Glass Christmas Ornaments!




Stampin' Up! Products Used On This Card

Whisper White, and Real Red card stock
Sliver and Champagne Glimmer Paper
Window Sheets
Classic Real Red Stampin' Pad
Stazon Black Ink
Glue Dots
Snail Adhesive
Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set
Window and Modern Punches

Non Stampin' Up! Products
Red Metal Sheet (Add a Little Dazzle)
Sharpie Markers


Baby Jesus Birthday Wreath

This concept of making a Happy Birthday Jesus Wreath came from our daughter, Pam. She is a Director and Lead Teacher at Bullfrogs and Butterflies Christian Learning Center.
We put our heads together and came up with a beautiful wreath that she can attach to a window on the main door. Parents and anyone coming in the building can see both sides. In my haste to get Pam the wreath on Thanksgiving I didn't take really good pictures. I do have pictures I took while I was making the wreath. You will see my stamping desk and the clutter in the background.

This view is the front. Happy Birthday Jesus wouldn't fit. I really like Jesus Birth
Because the wreath would be seen on both sides, I wrapped the wreath with retired Marnia Mist Ribbon
I tried several different fonts, colors, and wording for the back. Pam and I liked Celebrate the best. After all Christmas is all about celebrating Jesus Birth.

I really like how the back turned out. Celebrate will fit against glass and it is beautiful
I cut the Winter Frost Speciality Designer Series Paper about a month ago. In doing so, I cut the strips one inch instead of 1/2 inch wide. It doesn't matter so much the width but I ended up using more of the paper than I would have if I had cut the strips in 1/2 inches

I like to show the real close ups for our products so you can see the high quality and how beautiful they are. I am so proud to work for Stampin' Up! All their products are great to work with and I never feel like I am giving a card or making a second rate project.

Stampin' Up! Products Used For This Project

Winter Frost Designer Series Paper
Sliver Glimmer Paper
Bone Folder
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
Serif Essentials Alphabet
Alphabet Simple Letters
       3/4" Island Indigo Chevron Ribbon
Paper Trimmer
Basic Rhinestones and Basic Pearls

Non Stampin' Up! products

Peacock Blue Metal Sheets (Add a Little Dazzle)
150 Straight Pins
White 12' Styrofoam Wreath

Curly Wreath Kits Coming Soon

I'm in the process of making Curly Wreath Kits for those of you who would like to make one for yourself or to give away. More information coming soon complete with pictures, price,  and a PDF file so you will be able to follow along and make your own beautiful wreath.

Stampin' Up! Great Sale is still going on. Anyone who orders $50.00 from me by Wednesday will receive Rhinestone Basics FREE only from  me. Once you place your $50.00 or more order on my online store, email me and I will order your Rhinestones and ship them to you. Click here to go directly to my Stampin' Up! store.  I'm looking forward to post some great cards and wonderful projects this week.

Until next time...Happy Stampin'!
Jane
post signature




 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful glitzy card! Your granddaughter will LOVE it! And your wreath is just gorgeous!! Sweet that it will be enjoyed on both sides!!! Great job, Jane!!! Thanks for sharing! hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete