Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 8 of 20 Days/ 20 Cards and Homemade Christmas Tree Ornaments

I hope everyone is resting and enjoying the extra long week end. I did shop online yesterday. I enjoyed not having to battle the crowds. Today, I finished making ornaments for our Christmas tree. I found tinsel like we used to have when I was a child in a catalog called Vermont Country Store. The order came on Wednesday and I am thrill with the tinsel. To go along with a old tradition of decorating our tree with old and homemade decorations, I made 52 new ornaments this year. When we finish decorating our tree, I will post pictures so you can see how the decorations look once they are on the tree. 

 Day Eight



Another Joyful Christmas card...I can't stop making them. This stamp set is very versatile. Change the colors or the placement and you have a new look.

Products used to make this card
Crumb Cake and Whisper White card stock
Champagne, and Red Glimmer Paper
Red and Green Metal Sheets
Gold Encore Ink
Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
Gold Embossing Powder 
Modern Label Punch
Window Punch
Owl Builder Punch (for the circle punches)
Paper Snips
 Snail Adhesive
Glue Dots
Stampin' Dimensionals

Christmas Ornaments/Decorations
 
I used Glass slides I bought in a Bulk Buy last year. 
I used Glue Dots to adhere the Silver Buttons and Silver Glimmer Punches
I wanted a lot of sparkle and Glimmer on the tree, I think these ornament will do the job
All the ornaments excluding  the glass slides I used a variety of Stampin' Up! paper and Products
I can almost see the light reflecting on the metal ornaments once they are on the tree
 
The center ornament was made using Circle Treat Cup froud in the Big Catalog I added some Mica Flakes to the treat cup to look like snow
The ornament on the lower right side is made using a stamp called Wonderful Wreath from the Holiday Catalog
Coastal Cabana card stock and Classic Stampin' Pad compliments the Peacock Blue Metal Sheets
I added some Champagne Glimmer Paper to contrast the Blue and Silver







I used Silver Glimmer Paper and the Mini Christmas Tree Punch. The slides on the left and right of the trees were stamped with Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad, sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set with my Heat Tool.
These three are stamped and heat embossed


I know that is a lot of ornaments to look at. But I just had to show them to you. I actually made doubles of some so there aren't 52 shown.

Products Used in the Ornaments
Whisper White card stock
Sliver and Champagne Glimmer Paper
Silver Metal Sheets from the Holiday Catalog
Peacock Blue Metal Sheets from (Add a Little Dazzle )
Coastal Cabana, Silver Encore and White ink
Silver and White Embossing Powder
Festive Flurry Clear Stamps and Framelits Dies
Variety of Stampin' Up! Punches
Basic Rhinstones
Basic Pearls
Retired Silver Buttons (Still on Clearance Rack)
Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals
Paper Snips
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
Window Sheets; The Window Sheets were perfect to use to attach to the glass slide and other ornaments. I cut them to 1/8" x 6" and using Glue Dots adhered them to the ornaments. To cover up the sticky of the dots, I added a Basic Pearl, Basic Rhinestone of punched out shape using Silver Glimmer Paper.
In some of the photos you can see the strips of pieces of thin Window Sheets. The ornaments are light in weight so the Glue Dots will be just what I was looking for.

It's not too late to make some of your tree decorations. It would be fun for the family to make some together. All Stampin' Up! Products are available online at my Stampin' Up! Store 24-7.
Click here

I just added a "Follow Me" bar to this blog.  If you want to receive updates each time I post, go to the upper left corner
and follow directions. I'd love to have you join.
Tomorrow in addition to my Day 9 card, I will be sharing a Baby Jesus Wreath. Be sure to check back...the wreath turned out better than I expected!

Until next time...Happy Stampin!
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure have been busy. Your tree will be absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poinsettia card and ornaments, Jane! You have been busy! I can't wait to see your tree with all the home made ornaments and the TINSEL!!! How cool is that!!! hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete