Monday, November 25, 2013

100th Post Winner Announced and a Christmas Card and Picture Frame

I had 30 comments to enter in the drawing for this beautiful Christmas Ornament. Blog Candy. Thank you to everyone! I appreciate you taking the time to let me know what you will be having for Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey wins hands down. Mash potatoes, dressing, gravy, cranberries and pumpkin pie were the favorites.


The winner is "Lisa"! Lisa email me your full name and mailing address and I will get your ornament in the mail to you. Congratulations Lisa!
Watch out for more Blog Candy in the future. Next month I have a great idea for Blog Candy for the winner.

Yesterday I made a WOW Christmas card and today I made another WOW card and put it in a old frame I recycled. The frame has been in my craft closet for about three years. I would get it out and try to find a way to use it. Then I would put it back. Well today, I think I found a way to recycle the frame and make it the focus of one of my WOW cards.

When I was making this card I thought of the Christmas Carol Silver and Gold. That was my inspiration.


Here is the finished card in the recycled frame. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

 I covered the old dark frame with Gold Encore Ink, sprinkled Stampin' Up! Gold Embossing Powder and used my heat gun. To apply the ink I used a Sponge Dauber. I worked a small section at a time and allow the embossing to dry before continuing. Some of the dark of the frame shows through and I like that.

Because the card in under the glass I didn't use Stampin' Dimensionals like I did on the card to raise the wreath. Otherwise the cards are the same.

Products Used for the cards and Frame

Wonderful Wreath Single Stamp
Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Silver Glimmer Paper
Encore Gold Ink
Stampin' Up! Gold Embossing Powder
1/8" Silver Ribbon
Basic Rhinestones
Snail Adhesive
Stampin' Dimensionals
Mini Glue Dots
Apothecary Accents Framelit
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

Non Stampin' Up!
4" x 6" Picture Frame

 Be sure to check back tomorrow for the 5th day for my 20 Days/20 cards post.
If you would like to receive an automatic update for my blog, put your email in the subscribe space and you will get an update each time I publish a new post. This way you won't miss any of my cards or projects. 

While you are on my blog click here to go directly to my Stampin' Up! online store. It's open 24-7. You will find a lot of great ideas for cards and other paper projects.

Until tomorrow...Happy Stampin'!
Jane
post signature

1 comment: