Monday, October 15, 2012

Winter Memories Times Three

What an unusual Title...
Do you know what this means? Have you guessed yet?
It's the new Winter Memories stamp set in the Holiday Catalog.
This set has three completely different stamps showing winter memories that I cherish from my childhood. 
Ice skates, children building a snowman and an old fashion sled just like the one I used when my dad took my brothers and me sledding each Christmas break.  As long as it was cold enough to have ice, I would ice skate almost every day. I wasn't very good at skating but I had so much fun. As a teenager, some times I was the only one at the outdoor rink. I would skate and skate until I was so cold I couldn't stand it any longer and head home for some hot chocolate my mother would make for me.

 When I was growing up in the 1950's and 1960's what a difference life was for little children. As I look back it seems like yesterday but then again, it's been a lifetime. I'm a grandmother of 7 now. But you know....When the snow flies I can go right back to those days of making snowmen, skating and sledding. Have you seen the annual Christmas movie The Christmas Story? That movie shows what life was like for many of us who are grandparents now.
My mom would always have a spare carrot, a hat and scarf for our snowman. We burned coal for heating the house, so we had an ample supply of "real" coal for his eyes and mouth. I can almost smell the clean scent of the first snow. It seemed like during winter season the snow was  perfect  just one time to make the best snowman ever.


 You don't see many sleds like this one anymore. Most sledding is done on plastic disks, toboggans or snow boarding.

We had the coolest park in Sturgis, Michigan where I grew up. I couldn't wait to get to the park. I would jump out of the car and jump up and down with excitement while my dad got my sled out of the trunk. I would do a belly flop on my sled as I ran toward the point where the hill started downward.

 Oh, what fun! Once at the bottom, up I would climb up the hill  to slide down  all over again. I never got tired or had enough sledding. My dad was a good sport and we would spend a couple of hours at the park.  He brought hot chocolate in a big Thermos and once back in the car we held the cups of warm liquid and warmed our hands as the chocolate warmed our tummy's. No wonder I love this set so...

 What you need to make these cards

Winter Memories stamp set 
Snow Festival Designer Series Paper
Whisper White card stock
Cherry Clobber card stock
Cherry Clobber, More Mustard, Gumball Green, Real Red, Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Bashful Blue and Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Makers
Stampin' Dazzle Silver Marker
Black Stazon Ink Pad
Baja Breeze Ribbon
Delicate Dolies Sizzlits L
Apothecary Accents Framelits 
Big Shot Die Cut Machine
Stampin' Diminsationals
Rhinestone Jewels
Mulitpurpose Liquid Glue 

Hope you enjoyed my cards. Thanks for stopping by.
To purchase any of the Stampin' Up! products click here

Happy Stampin'
Jane

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment