Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Idea for Wood Stamp Blocks

Good Morning!

It's getting closer to Halloween and I have been busy making Halloween cards and more Halloween 3-D projects.
Today I want to show you what I did for Halloween using some of the left over wood blocks from my stamps.


  Aren't these the cutest? I love them! It's a family of Pumpkin Block Heads..... The middle pumpkin is looking sad because she isn't sure people on the East Coast will be safe for Halloween.


If you follow my blog you have seen other things I have made using the left over wooden blocks. So far this idea is my favorite.
Tip:
The Ink Refill is very dark, apply small amount on your brush until you see how much ink you will need to cover the block. I only had to apply one coat. Don't forget to wear gloves.

What you need to make this project
Wooden Blocks
Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin' Ink Refill
Sponge Bursh
Rubber Gloves
Paper to cover your work space
Basic Black, Certainly Celery card stock
Multipurpose Liquid Glue 

Punches I used:
Merry Minis Punch Pack ornament (smallest block nose)
Modern Label (stems on the two smaller blocks)
Cupcake Builder (mouth on the two larger blocks)
1" Square Punch (cut to size for the two larger blocks)
Small Oval (eyes on the largest block
Mitten Builder Punch (eyes for the smallest block)
Bat Punch (for the mouth of the smallest block)  
Free cut stem for the larges block 

I painted the blocks on all four sides and let dry...about 30 minutes. Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue, I applied the punched out eyes, nose, mouth and stem on each block. 
This project would be great for children 10 and up. The painting of the blocks is a little messy for younger children.

Hope you week end is great!
Happy Stampin'
Jane 





No comments:

Post a Comment