Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thank You Gift Stampin' Up! Style

This has been one of those days that I had more things scheduled than I could do in two days. And this is why I'm so glad I have Stampin' Up! products ready in my studio and have made some gifts ahead of time.
Today I needed a thank you gift for a neighbor lady who sent home the most delicious apple crisp with my husband as a thank you for the job he did installing her new wood flooring. He was scheduled for a two week job but she wanted more done than he was scheduled for. He was almost finished with the job and I wanted to give her a little something to say thank you back for the apple crisp so he could deliver it to her when he finished today.
Fortunately, a couple of weeks ago, I made and posted some cute little Fancy Favor Boxes. I saw a video on how to make these on Patty Bennett's blog and I had to make some.
I put them aside. Well today, I pulled one out and made this cute little thank you gift in no time at all.




I had some Hershey Nuggets so I put some in a 4" x 6" Cellophane bag, tied a piece of 5/8" Crochet Trim around the bag and attached the leaf cut from the Autumn Accents Die after I sponges Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso ink around the outside of the leaf, I attached it with Linen Thread. I wrote a little note on the back of the leaf and was finished in about Five minutes. It was just in time. My husband was ready to walk out the door.

TIP
When I cut out leaves, or another shapes using the Big Shot and a Die or Framelits Die I cut out extra to keep on hand for a quick and easy card or project. I was glad I had extra leaves today. I store my extras in a cello bag and have it ready when I need something fast.

This week I am going to post a tutorial on how to make these cute little Fancy Favor Boxes so I will wait to list what you will need to make one or more of these boxes.

Hope you week end is going well. Mine is just flying by!
Happy Stampin'
Jane

 

No comments:

Post a Comment