Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin All Dressed up in Designer Series Paper

I saw this idea in a magazine last year but forgot about it because it was after Thanksgiving. As I was making Halloween cards and 3-D projects I thought of it.  I really like how it turned out.
A pumpkin covered in designer series paper

 


I used a real pumpkin but using a pumpkin you buy at the local craft store would be great because you could bring it out year after year. 
What you need to make this project
Pumpkin
Designer Series Paper( I used 4 sheets of Comfort Cafe)
Card Stock for the leaves; I used Cherry Clobber (optional)
Brushed Gold Card Stock (trendles) 
Mod Podge  
Disposable Gloves
Sponge Brush
Protective covering for your work space (I used the brown paper that comes in out packages from Stampin' Up!)
Paper Plate to set your pumpkin on.

I started out washing the pumpkin and letting it dry
I tore different width of designer series paper; when you tear the paper turn it over and tear on the opposite side you want to show on your pumpkin so there won't be any white edges showing.
Apply glue to a 2"-4" width space on the pumpkin; apply glue to a piece of designer series paper and place the paper strip on the pumpkin. Paint more glue on the paper. smooth out any bubbles. Continue this until the pumpkin is completely covered. Check you work...I had to go over some strips again with some glue and smooth the strips out with my fingers.
Let dry overnight...Cut out leaves with Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Hot glue to top of pumpkin.
I made three curly trendels  for my pumpkin(optional)   
Before gluing the leaves on the pumpkin, I wadded them up, used Early Espresso ink on a Dauber and added the color around the edges of each leaf and rubbed ink on the wrinkles. I spritzed each leaf
with  a solution I made with Champagne Mist Paint and Rubbing Alcohol.
 It took me about 1 1/2 hours because I had two of our granddaughters covering pumpkins too. We had a fun night.
When we were at the half way mark, we went out for pizza. 
Happy Stampin'
Jane 

 
  

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful designer pumpkin! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete