Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesdays Terrific Tips

It's Tuesdays Terrific Tips Today and I have a great tip I saw on Connie Stewart's blog last week. One of her downline came up with this and I think it is one of the best tips I've seen recentely.
I'm sure you have spent a lot of time on a card, making sure everything was in the right spot, the perfect color of card stock, ink and embellishments only to find when you were ready to send it to someone you turned it over and there was ink or fingerprints on the back! I have done this more than once and I could just cry when this happens. Like you I put a lot of myself into my cards and I want them to be as perfect as they can be. What a waste of time to have to start over or cut the front off and make adjustments.




If you follow this simple tip, no more dirty card backs.  It's so simple you will ask yourself, why didn't I think of this?

 Here they are...two different sizes of envelopes made from paper that you would usually throw away from your mail, or you can use computer paper. I really like using the junk mail idea because it is a cool way to recycle.

All you have to do is cut the 8 1/2" x 11" paper to 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" and using your Envelope Maker from Stampin' Up! lay the paper on the 3 3/4" mark for the first punch and draw a line to the edge of the paper. Do this on all four sides. Use the corner rounder that is on the Envelope Maker and fold your corners in. I used SNAIL to glue the sides.
I made two sizes. One for cards that fold on the left side and one for cards that fold on the top. Before you start working on your card, slip it in the paper envelope and you will never have a messed up card back again!  I love it!


This is so easy and simple...

Next time I will give instructions how I made the quilt patterned card along with another tip on how to dress up pens when you give them along with journals or tablets.
Until next time...
Happy Stampin'
post signature


 

No comments:

Post a Comment