Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Halloween Tree

This is the third year I have made a Halloween Tree. My husband cuts some small branches from a bush in our yard and I create my Halloween ornaments. It's a lot of fun. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I guess the kid in me is alive and well.

 I looks a little spindly but that's the way I picture a Halloween tree. The Jack-O-Lantern is an antique; over 60 years old. When I was a little girl I had one like this one. I would carry it with me for Trick or Treating. Looking at the face, I wonder how the candy stayed in the container. I actually have memories of Trick or Treating when I was 5 years old. It was a cold, windy night but that didn't stop me from going out with my mom and dad and little brother.  Fun memories.


This year I used Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White and Summer Starfruit card stock and the new Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper. Toil & Trouble and Halloween Hello are the stamps sets I used both from the Holiday Catalog. I added Basic Rhinestones, and Champagne Glimmer Paper Stars to each ornament. For interest, I used Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie 1/8 inch Taffeta Ribbon. 
Punches used:
2 1/2" Circle, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Scallop Oval, Owl Builder (for the ghosts), Label Bracket Punches.

Halloween Tree from October 2012

More Halloween Projects coming this week. 
Until next time, Happy Stampin'
Jane



No comments:

Post a Comment