Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Simply Pressed Clay Halloween Cuties

I woke up about 3:00 a.m. with an idea to make something for Halloween out of Stampin' Up! Simply Pressed Clay. So did I go back to sleep like a normal non- crafter? NO  I gathered my supplies and headed for my recliner in the living room.

This is what I finally made and I love them! They are such little Halloween cuties! 

 I know they aren't to scale but they still look cute together.

I used Simply Pressed Clay # 130685
Tangerine Tango #11841, Old Olive #100531, Basic Black #102512  and Pumpkin Pie # 105229 Ink Refills
Owl Builder Punch # 118074, Itty Bitty Shapes Circle # 118309
Basic Black card stock # 121045
Paper Snips # 103579
Non Stampin' Up! Products:
Plastic Gloves
Toothpicks for the lines on the pumpkins and the pupils on the spiders eyes. 
Paper plate and paper bowl.


I started by using a ball of the clay and adding a couple drops of Ink Refill at a time and working it in. When I had the shade I wanted I started to form my shapes. I found that for the spider it was better to form the eyes and legs and let them sit for about 15 minuets before attaching them to the spiders body. For the stems on the pumpkins I cut one end off after I put them on the pumpkin so it would look like the pumpkins had been cut off the vine. The Ghost I formed free hand and added the Basic Black circle punches after it set for about 6 hours.

This is how the clay looks after taking it out of the pouch. It is very easy to use and mold. I had no trouble forming circles, snakes or round balls. Be sure to only take out the clay you are going to use. Reseal the pouch so the remaining clay won't dry out. I really enjoyed this project....can you tell? :-)

I don't have a Stampin'Up! store but anytime you want to order the above products or other products, email me and I will send you an invoice. Thanks for stopping by.
Until Next Time....Happy Stampin!
Jane

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment