Sunday, September 2, 2012

Washer Necklaces

I had so much fun making these washer necklaces. They are easy and once you get started, you don't want to stop.
 
 
I bought 1 3/8 " washers for about $1.49 for six. Or you might have some lying around in your husbands tool bench. I punched out designer series paper using the 1 3/8" circle punch and the 1" circle punch. These fit so nicely to the size of the washer.
I covered the flat side of the washer with designer series paper and adhered it to the washer with Liquid Multipurpose Liquid glue. I let it dry. Then, I used sand paper to smooth out the outer edges and the inside of the washer. I applied Crystal Effects and let dry for a couple of hours. When dry the washer looks like enamel; so pretty. I chose ribbon that would coordnate with the washer and looped it through the inside of the washer. I added a bead to secure the ribbion. The ribbon can be tied in a knot or in a bow and worn with a matching outfit.
A good way to recycle the washers and the desginer series paper.
 
Designer Series Paper of your choice
1" Circle Punch
1 3/8" Circle Punch
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Crystal Effects
Ribbon & bead  of your choice
 
I hope you will give these a try.
To purchase any of the Stampin' Up! products click here
Remember you can shop 24/7.
Happy Stampin'
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment