Friday, September 20, 2013

Velum Part 2

Last time we talked about coloring on the back of an embossed image on Velum card stock to achieve a subtle look. Today I have two cards that I have embossed the Velum. One card I colored on the back of the image with a Sponge Dauber the other card I colored on the front of the embossed image with a Sponge Dauber. See if you can tell which card is colored on the front of the embossed image.

I have both cards in front of me and if I didn't know which one I colored on the front I couldn't tell by looking. The card on the right is the one I colored on the front of the card.  The difference is very slight. With just a small amount of ink showing on the raised areas.

I really liked applying the ink with a Sponge Dauber because I had more control where the color was applied. To color on the edges or smaller areas, I inked the sponge on the side and carefully applied the ink to the image. The process goes quickly and if you had a large amount of cards to make I would suggest this card would be a good pick.
Next time Part 3 of Coloring on embossed Velum card stock.

Stampin' Up! Products

Whisper White, White Velum card stock
 Soft Sky Stampin' Ink
Basic Rhinestones
Northern Flurry Emboss Folder
Decorative Label Punch
Joyful Christmas stamp set
Sponge Dauber
Multipurpose Liquid Glue

I hope you enjoyed these cards. I hope you will try embossing on Velum card stock for a completely different look to your finished image.
Happy Stampin'
 Jane
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment