Monday, December 3, 2012

Cards for our Troops and Yellow Roses



I had quite an adventure over the week-end. Thanks to my newest Hostess, Beth, I heard about some of our troops that needed Christmas cards. So, on Saturday afternoon, I started stamping and stamping and stamping. I stamped on Sunday and stamped and stamped. I made 67 Christmas cards and got them in the mail by the deadline today.
Here are some of the cards I sent.


 Beth's son is in Afghanistan. She and other Blue Star Mothers have been busy assembling, packaging and shipping packages to there children who also stationed in Afghanistan. When I mentioned to Beth I wanted to send some cards she told me all their packages had been sent two weeks ago, but she knew of a Navy mother who had the names of three different groups who would like some Christmas cards. Woo Hoo...I was a happy stamper! So that's my story....except look what Beth brought me on Saturday afternoon...as a thank  you.
Aren't they beautiful! Her younger son, Andrew picked out the yellow roses because they were sunny and bright! How cute is that? Andrew is 11 and he came to one of my workshops and boy can he stamp! A big thank you to Beth and Andrew.
My husband added some branches from one of our pine trees on Sunday.




Andrew was right...these beautiful roses are sunny and bright. Here in Michigan it is gray and rainy today. But inside I have my wonderful flowers.

Please come back tomorrow... for more Christmas cards
Happy Stampin!

Jane


2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU Jane! I am the MOM of two in the military - one Army & one Navy! I also know how much all this hard work by you & others is so appreciated by our guys & gals!! I'm glad you have sunshine inside! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless You, Jane! That was so kind of you! We collect Cards for Troops at our Downline Meetings and it warms our heart to know they're using them to write home to their loved ones! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete