Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Magnet Boards

Today I have a 3 D project I just love and I hope you will like it enough to make one yourself. These magnet boards are so cute and functional as well.

Sweet Sorbet Magnet Board

The designer series paper I used, Sweet Sorbet, is from the Sale-A-Brations Catalog. It's my favorite this year. The colors and the flowers are so pretty together. The Stamp set is called Just Sayin' from the Occasions Catalog. I purchased the stamp set and the Framelits as a bundle and it makes using the set so much faster than cutting all the shapes out by hand.

Kaleidoscope Magnet Board
Isn't this paper cute. I love it. I used the Peachy Keen stamp set for three of the magnets. Made a rose using the new Spiral Flower die and the Big Shot. The fifth stamp image is from the stamp set Perfect Pennants, all from the Occasions Catalog.

Both boards are made the same. I used a now retired magnetic sheet from Stampin' Up! and adhered it to a piece of 6" x 8" chipboard. After cutting the designer series paper I adhered the paper to both sides using Sticky Strip. I chose our Ruffled Stretch Ribbon to use as a hanger. I use a Crop-a-dial to punch the holes at the top so the ribbon can be attached.

If you want to use flashing, go to a store that sells roof flashing. I checked at Lowe's and all they had were 5" x 7" pieces which would work as well. Caution: When working with flashing the corners are very sharp and you can cut yourself. I recommend using a tool called "Chompers" that will cut through metal and round the corners. I used the 3/4" round magnets for the back of the images. I attached them using Stampin' Dimensionals. I think all of the craft carry magnets.
These boards are handy for posting notes and photos to enhance your working space or other places in your home.

To make this project click on the highlighted "HERE" below to purchase any of the above products  HERE 
You will be directed to my 24/7 online store. You can view the Big Catalog as well as the Occasions and Sale-a-Bration Catalogs. If you have any questions please email me. I'd be happy to help.

Until next time...
Happy Stampin'!
Jane
post signature
 

No comments:

Post a Comment