Thursday, January 2, 2014

Fun Making Homemade Note Pads

I saw on You Tube a video showing how to make your own note pads. The video was about recycling food boxes like cracker, cereal, pizza, etc.  I thought this was really interesting and tried my hand at making some. First I had to start saving empty boxes for the front and back covers for the note pads.

In the mean time, I got out my designer series paper, the card board that comes with the paper, some stamp sets, my paper trimmer, and stack of computer paper; and I was ready for an adventure.

These are the note pads I made using Stampin' Up! products.





Do not use a glue gun. The pages will fall out!
I discovered that All Purpose Glue works the best.  I took the three Stampin' Up! note pads apart and re-glued them.  It's important to use clamps or clips to hold the top together until the glue dries.



Here are some note pads I made from recycling food boxes. The grandchildren love them.

I have a Bind-it System I just starting working with. It takes a little practice but I'm getting the hang of it. In the mean time, I'm using glue.



After making so many Christmas cards and projects it was fun to do something entirely different. 

What you need to make your own note pads Stampin' Up! style

Designer Series Paper
Stamps of choice
Card Stock of choice
Paper Trimmer 
Card board from Designer Series Paper

Non-Stampin' Up! items to make your own note pads
Computer paper
Glue
Card board
Cereal, cracker, etc. boxes
Clips or Clamps

I hope you enjoyed my post today. Tomorrow January 3, 2014 the Occasions Catalog will go live. I will have samples of some of the new products.

Until next time...
Happy Stampin'!
Jane
post signature
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cool to recycle the cardboard on boxes! I love to re-purpose cereal boxes. Your note pads are just too cute!!! Great idea! Thanks for sharing! hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love re-cycling projects. I frequently use cereal and cracker boxes for mini albums and banners. tfs your cute idea.

    ReplyDelete