Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Simply Pressed Clay Earrings

I visited Jacki Topa's blog the other day and she had many great ideas and tip using the new Simply Pressed Clay and Blossom's Simply Pressed Clay Mold. She had a video on the different ways to color the clay. I tried all her ideas and they work beautifully. Jackie made a bracelet out of silver emboss powder. Jackie's blog here  That started me thinking...
I took it one step further and made earrings out of the Blossom Mold with the Simply Pressed Clay.
I'll work backward and show you how I decided to use this particular method of coloring and finishing the blossoms for my earrings.

Jackie suggested that brads could be inserted in the clay before it dried. I love this and have used her idea on many flowers.

I added color using the Sponge Dauber and Stampin' Pad.

 Color was applied using a Blender Pen and ink from the Stampin' Pad.

 I used Stampin' Up! Aqua Painter and Ink from the
Stampin' Pad.

Color was applied from Stampin' Write Marker.
This give the most vivid color.

I wanted yet another look, so I used the flowers I had colored with the Sponge Dauber and toned it down with a Blender Pen to achieve the look I wanted.

 The finished earrings are colored using the new Strawberry Slush In Color. After the clay was dry and before I inserted the earring part, I spread Liquid Crystal Effects on both sides an let dry. I was able to insert the post from the earring into the clay and then add another coat of Liquid Crystal Effects. Don't you love them? I do...they are so light that you won't know you have earrings on.These are so much fun to make. I bought my earring part ( for the lack of a better word) from the local craft store. They are inexpensive and come in a package for several pairs of earrings. The possibilities are endless!
 What great gifts! These would be a big hit at your craft shows this fall.
Hope you give these a try.
Happy Stampin'
Jane
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment