Thursday, December 18, 2014

Joy



I really like this card. Yes, the word "joy" is associated with Christmas. Joy, happy, cheerful, excited, pleased, content. These are just a few of words I have felt this week.  Earlier this week I was given the best Christmas present I could ever have! My Radation Oncologist examined me and told me I'm Cancer free! The tumor is gone! The Chemo treatment and 30 Radation treatments killed the tumor. 

Christmas this year has a completely different meaning for my family, friends, and me. We celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ who was born to save mankind. Without The Lord I don't believe I wouldn't have been healed. Christ gave us the ultimate gift when he died on the cross for our sins. I'm so thankful I was raised in a Christian home. 

During treatment I was asked if I was afraid. I can say I wasn't. The Lord gave me peace. I felt whatever happened I knew it was The Lord's will. I didn't have to carry the burden...this made all the difference in the world. My job was to go through my treatments, eat healthy, and get plenty of rest.
The time passed quickly. As I counted off the days, there were days when Chemo and Radation  were hard to live with. I had pain, The Chemo made me sick, I lost some of my hair; my body was burned from the Radation, inside and out. Yes, I cried. And when I started to feel overwhelmed, praying was comforting. I would feel calm and peaceful.

So this Christmas, I am joyful I'm Cancer free, more importantly Joy fills my heart because my Heavenly Father was born and died not only for me but for the world. My wish for you this season is to have a wonderful, "Joyful" Christmas!

Until next time...
Happy Stampin'
Jane

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. Joy and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa. Wishing you and your family a Very Merry, Jouful Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Jane...what an incredible story ..no, testament of faith and trust you have shared! God has truly blessed you, thank you for sharing your blessing with us. And pass the tissues, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jane...what an incredible story ..no, testament of faith and trust you have shared! God has truly blessed you, thank you for sharing your blessing with us. And pass the tissues, please!

    ReplyDelete